Sunday, July 12, 2015

CEP ALUMS | Leon Reed, Researcher, 1970s

Leon Reed, Moving to Gettysburg
Leon Reed, former researcher at the Council on Economic Priorities in the 1970s, recently had a birthday and sent an update on his current activities.

For the past ten years has been teaching at Woodbridge Garfield High School outside of Washington, D.C. and on his Facebook page has many tributes from his students, many of whom came from a different culture.

He says he is proudest of the contributions he made to the lives of these students, for whom the challenges have been enormous.
"Full social security age (66) and I retired. Wanted to leave while I still "had it" and while we had the energy to enjoy. 10 years teaching. We sold both cars, sold our townhouse, bought an Outback and moved to Gettysburg. I'll be very busy with my projects (mainly working on a series of history, travel, and family history books), but I'm also spending a lot of time gardening, bike riding, and taking rides in the country. Thank you again for getting me my start on what turned out to be a very satisfying career. It was a long time ago, but I still constantly think about the people I worked with and the things we did at CEP."
Leon sent in a lovely tribute to Alice for her tribute dinner on her retirement from Social Accountability International in 2015.

No comments: